1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester superx 1

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Racerx, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

How much are super 1 traps 85-90% going for??theres one in a local pawn shop for $700... good deal or not ??

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Lee.. You are a very fortunate man to get trap grade SX-1's for that kind of money.Jeff

3. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

Its a custom trap..with scrolling on the side of the receiver.. does that help on price??

4. Full N. Fuller

Full N. Fuller Member

0   0   0

Unlike with the 101, there was no Field Grade Trap and Pigeon/Diamond Grade Trap in the Super Xs. If a Super X says "Trap" on the box or barrel it is a Trap Grade, and all Trap Grades had the scrolling on the receiver.

I don't see how someone can say these are "great guns and hold up well" but are not worth $700. ??? I paid more than that for the last 90% Trap Grade Super X1 I bought and have turned down offers from people looking to buy it for what I paid. I also have a friend who hits gun shows all over the country and he says he almost never sees a good condition SX1 for sale at a show any more. I'm sure there are still people selling 90% Traps for $600 in gun shows somewhere but you are darned lucky if you get to them first.

5. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Not all Trap Grades had scrolling. The very late XTR Trap guns were slick sided and had gold triggers. They have some of the best wood I have ever seen on a Super X Trap guns. I know because I bought one from JCPennys in Columbus, Ms in 1982. I still have that gun, NIB, never fired, never assembled. Still have the sales receipt. I think mine is worth a little more than $700.00.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it's at a pawn shop offer $500. and see where it goes. Be brave.

7. Full N. Fuller

Full N. Fuller Member

0   0   0

lwr, true, I was not counting the specialty runs. The DU traps did not have scrolling either.

So far your investment has not paid off, but if these guns ever get the appreciation they deserve it will.

8. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

0   0   0

What is the best shell catcher for a a Superx 1 Trap Gun?

Jim

9. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

0   0   0

Very limited run on SX1 in SuperPigeon grade I think 35 all was made .

10. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

thanks for your help

11. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

0   0   0

I bought one (SX-1 Trap) at a pawn shop in New Orleans for $250. They did not know what they had. As a testament to how good the Winchester barrels on the SX-1 are, I took it squirrel hunting one day and killed a squirrel with it at 75 yards away and it was up in a very tall tree. I used Federal copper plated #4 buffered magnums. He was at the base of the tree when I got there. SX-1s have tremendous barrels. Probably some of the best ever made.

Hit 'em hard,

John

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

NEVER pay the asking price at a Pawn Shop!

If he is asking $700 ... he probably gave $200 for it!

Haggle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.