1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER SUPER X1 30 SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeetman77, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

0   0   0

Guys,
    I am selling my Winchester Super X1 Trap model shotgun. It has a 30" Barrel (.735 bore) with Briley Series 2 Thinwall Chokes. Chokes included with this sale are the ones in the picture (CYL,SKT,I.C.,LM,MOD,IM). As far as I know everything on this gun is factory. I dont know much about the Super X1 so can't tell you much other than I bought the gun LIKE NEW. I put a total of 2 boxes of light trap loads through the gun with no jams at all. Briley installed the Thinwall chokes for me. Please PM me with any questions as I will answer back ASAP. I have over $1200 invested in this setup so make me an offer if you are interested.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    337-654-9219
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

0   0   0

Yes sir!
    I guess you win some and you lose some.
    Thanks,
    Tom

3. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

0   0   0

That will make a great spoting clays gun and they would want the choke system

4. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

0   0   0

Gun is sold pending funds! Thanks guys!!!
    Tom

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Few people know the trap version usually shoots no higher than 60/40. The trap version is the preferred sporting model. Nice gun in nice shape. I'm sure the buyer will enjoy his prize.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, he will Setterman. It went to a good friend who will use it all around and appreciate it.

7. Setterman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob, Good! It's always nice to know a good SX1 will be appreciated!

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have an almost identical gun except it has a 15" LOP stock and has the silver nitrite finish by Wright's on the mag tube, receiver and trigger group. Briley installed the S2 chokes and its a perfect Sporting Clays gun as it shoots flat down the rib. Paid $1,200 for mine and like this gun, a heck of a deal. Its "wearing" a trigger group from the blue gun since the silver group is at Wright's for a trigger job.
    [​IMG]

9. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I also have a Super X-1 that has been upgraded to an all-around clays gun with Greg Hissam adjustable comb and butt plate, nickel colored finish receiver, Briley S-2 choke tubes, ungraded gas system and magazine tube and trigger work done by the late Bob Baumgart. It really makes a very versatile clays gun.

10. Setterman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

2 SX1's (bottom two), 1 with an add on rib for sporting and one with a moneymaker adjustable rib for trap. Top one is a Seitz. All have custom wood made by my son. We slimmed down the original fore arm on the sporter and recheckered it. Both have trigger jobs by Nuline, stainless tubes, and new springs and buffers. I put a magnum spring in the trap, and slightly overbored the ports till it cycled. Soft shooter.
    [​IMG]

11. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

0   0   0

Yjwinchester you are wrong as said above a lot of SC shooter like trap type guns - ones that shoot more than 1 shell that is

12. Setterman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Stickdp, I have a new Beretta 391 too, and I would have to say my SX1's are probably more reliable, and easier to clean!
    Edit: I should qualify that my problems with the 391 have been with Estate and Federal top Guns which do not feed in to the magazine very well. There was number of posters that voiced the same issue in a previous thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester super x1 for sale