1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester super x ,what goes in the stock ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by meijnew, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meijnew

meijnew TS Member

I bought a winchester super x model 1 at an estate sale and the stock is not on the gun,there is a large hole about 1 inch through the stock and a large threaded hole in the back of the receiver,could someone help me ,what parts go in the stock and where could I buy them ?When I open the action there is a link piece with a slot in it that will protrude from the threaded hole in the back of the receiver.I looked on some web sites that have parts breakdown pictures but it they are fuzzy and it is hard to see what goes where.thanks for your help,Paul

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are missing the Return Spring Tube Assembly. It's a long about 12" metal housing that screws into the back of the receiver. The tube contains the spring. The end of the tube goes into the stock and is fixed by the stock bolt.

Most of these parts are available from numrich arms, or wright gunsmithing, or nuline....

Jim Chapman (the lesser)

Michigan

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have return spring assembley's. Just e-mail me at sx1jeff@yahoo.com. Jeff

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

These guys have it right, you are missing the return spring assembly which also serves to hold the stock. If it is missing this, then I would also look to replace the bolt buffer at the back end of the receiver (if there is one there).

I don't know Super-X Jeff personally, but he has been straight and helpful to many on this board, really knows his stuff about this gun, and I would certainly contact him if I needed parts or advise on an SX-1.

Cheers

Stephen Meyers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.