1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester super x,m1,wont eject or feed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by meijnew, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meijnew

meijnew TS Member

I have a nice looking winchester super x model 1,I purchased at an estate sale partly dissassembled.I think I put it together correctly and I put in a new return spring and gas seal o-ring.When i shoot it the bolt only goes back about half way,not enough to eject the empty shell or feed another shell.The action seems to work smoothly when feeding and ejecting by hand.Any ideas on what the problem might be ? Thanks for your help,Paul

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The first thing I would check would be the gas ports in the barrel. They may be clogged from a cleaning effort, etc. Do NOT make them bigger. Are you trying to shoot light loads? Ron

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Forward gas ring may be backward. Please check!!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

possibly the ports are partially plugged?

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Tell me it doesn't have a cutts compensator on the barrel. Ron

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

The bolt will go back and lock, when pulled by hand?

Take the trigger out, bolt closed, look at the parting line between the barrel extension and receiver, this should be just a hairline.

How do you have the gas rings arranged?

7. meijnew

meijnew TS Member

I have the o-ring on last ,then the funnel shaped ring with the wider part of the ring facing forward,the gas ports look clear in the barrel,i put a paper clip wire through them,i was using 1oz #8 shell,thanks,Paul

8. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

It may not like the light load. Try a heavier load and see what happens. Ron

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Are you sure the chamber is clean? Ron

10. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Is everything on the forward end of the piston loose and free moving? I saw one once where the piston head was rusted and stuck to the piston. It acted just like you have described yours. You could shoot it as a single shot and manually operate the bolt. You do not want to let the piston head get rusted in place. This is a gun that if you do not have a stainless steel gas system you want to be sure to take it apart and clean it regularly. I always take mine apart after each use and make sure that any moisture that collectrs in the gas system is dried out and then lightly oiled.

It used to be that you could find parts on e bay but since they banned all guns and parts that source is gone. I once replaced the return spring(one in the stock) and it was so stiff for a while that I had to shoot at least 3 dram loads to get to cycle. In not too long a time it would shoot everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester super x model 1 not ejecting

winchester super xmodel 1 will not eject shell