1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Super X-3 vs Remington Versa Max

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tdaws1032, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdaws1032

tdaws1032 TS Member

I'm thinking about buying either a Winchester Super X 3 or the Remington Versa Max. Besides the price difference, anyone have a preference for either of these? Would like to hear the pros and cons.
    Thanks!

2. FIB

FIB Member

I know you didn't add the Benelli Super Black Eagle in your list but if you're wanting/needing a 3.5" shotgun that's my choice. PM me for more info.

3. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

Both are great Autos, point well and cycle fast. You can go wrong with either gun. Benelli is not even in the same class and is the hardest kicking Auto I have ever shot.

Aaron Holguin

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i have a new in the box versamax-black synthetic 28in--$1050 +30 shipping---i ended up with this at a fundraiser that didnt sell enuf tickets-i am not a 31/2in guy!--they say its the hunting gun of the future!!--wally riebesell -660-744-4115

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I like teh sx-2 better then both of them. I can't undestand what teh sx-3 brings to the table besides increased cost. I have fired thousands of rouns through my sx-2 and never a failure ot malfunction. sjhoots 1oz loads to 3 1/2 incgh shells without a hic-up. I think it's gun making syndrome on winchesters part.Jeff

6. tdaws1032

tdaws1032 TS Member

Most of the guys I hunt with prefer the Benelli. I shot the Benelli Super Nova and did not care for it because of the size of the grip and the safety placement. Like I said, most everyone prefers the Benelli but I have narrowed it town to these 2 guns. Leaning towards the Winchester but I will see after this week. Plan to shoot each one at the grand and see which one feels better.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have owned all three, still own the Benelli and the super x2. Super x is a step above them. Nothing cycles as fast

8. Garry

Garry Active Member

The SX-3, 391, Extrema, Extrema2,and Benelli autos all with the synthetic stocks have the stock shims so you can adjust the drop and cast. My SX-2 did not have the shims so when the SX-3 came out I traded the SX-2 for a new SX-3 in 3 inch. I am not a fan of 3 1/2 inch shells. Does the Vers Max have a way to adjust the drop and cast?

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I hear you, I shoot my 10ga when I shoot 3 1/2 inch shells. The benelli kicks to hard for me and I hate the way they point. Jeff

10. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I take it that you're looking for a good duck gun. Both guns are nice. The only way to know for sure would be to swing and mount both. As far as shooting 3.5 inch shells I found that 3 inch pattern much better and wont kill you after a day in the blind. JMHO

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

I just shoot 3" also, but nice to have a 3.5 in case you grab the wrong shells in the blind

12. shrek

shrek Active Member

Beretta Xtrema 2 is my preference for a heavy duty semi auto

13. missed some

missed some TS Member

I didn't like the trigger in the beretta, the three guys that owned it after me didn't either, don't know where it ended up.No prob with sx3.

14. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Save some $$ and just get a 391 or a 3901. Dollar for dollar - best 12 bores for all around use.

However - that said - the SX3 is SWEET!! I like the lines, accent colors, and cyle rate. Probably the best 3 1/2 value out there. I gave my son my SBE-II - kicked me to hard - but one fast pointing gun.

I haven't been a Remington fan in years - though I have owned several. The new ones are just cheap and I don't trust them.

If you want a Remington - get an OLDER 1187. I have 2 - might consider letting one go.

I'm pretty much a Tron-like 391 convert. I even have taken to cats....

Joe

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What about a Remington SP-10? They're a better concept for putting more shot in the air, they're reliable, and the recoil is softer than the 3.5" 12ga guns. It's only real drawback is that it's a hefty chunk.

16. RRA

RRA TS Member

SX3 period. I have been shooting a SX2 3 1/2 inch for years and I am yet to have a jam. Best duck and goose gun I have ever owned. Remington 1187 was the worst jamming gun I have ever bought.

17. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

If your looking for the best 3 1/2 gun out there with the least recoil and fastest cycle time you need to checkout the Browning Maxus , i have ran everything thru it from trap loads to 3 1/2 without even a glitch and fastest trigger time on the market for a hunting gun watch the video on Brownings website !

18. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Browning MAXUS and SX3 I beleive are all but identical except the SX3 does not have the autoload feature.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington versa max vs sx3

remington versa max vs winchester sx3

super x3 vs versamax

sx3 vs versamax

versamax or sx3

winchester super x3 vs browning maxus

winchester super x3 vs remington versa max

winchester sx3 vs browning maxus forum