1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester super X 1 questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buckhunter26050, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckhunter26050

buckhunter26050 Member

What is the difference between a type 1 trigger and a type 3 trigger and how do you determine that you need a new bolt buffer, I just purchased the gun and I dont know much about them.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Buck, type one is serrated, type 3 is smooth. also the type 1 usually has a double hammer spring, and a set screw on the sear . the type 3 does not.

bolt buffer pics...the one on the left is the old one.

you need to pull the trigger assy and look inside. if it's hard replace it..better yet, just replace it..

[​IMG]

3. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

yep, id replace the buffer no matter what. I did on mine when getting it.

4. shaggist

shaggist Member

The easiest way I have found to replace the old buffer, is to remove the recoil pad, remove the stock bolt(14mm deep socket and T-handle),& remove the stock; tap the trigger group pin out from the left side and remove the trigger group. You can then tap the old buffer out from the stock side and not end up with a bunch of little pieces all down in your action. Piece of cake.

Jack

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you replace the buffer, ask for some good directions from someone that's done it before. a little lubricant and wood dowel help seat it.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

It sounds like the Setterman's been there and done that. A drop of soap detergent helps IMO, a strong strike with a dead hammer to the 3/4" dowel and thank you very much-done. Good luck, Bob

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is from Bobski over on GunBrokers. Explains changing the buffer pretty well. The only thing I do different is to hold onto the bolt slide link with something small- so it doesn't fall down when I push the return spring follower back.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.