1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Super Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RiverSide, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

Winchester Super Targets Light 8 Loads (new)
    Anyone having issues with the primers in these shells being irregular (slow)?

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

No, and I wish I could find them here.

3. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

I recently fired eight boxes of factory Win Super-Targets....1.125 0z.,1200 fps, 3-DE. I was pleasantly surprised by their moderate recoil and seemed great on hdcp targets. I had no failures of any kind but did notice a smaller indent on the primers than most others that I shoot. Didn't seem to make any difference, sorry they aren't better hulls (think STS Light Hdcps) or I'd consider using more of them. Other than that they seemed clean burning with no bloopers....

Larry

4. hit&miss

hit&miss TS Member

I have 30 flats have not seen any problems with them I broke a 95 in caps with them this past weekend

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I was shooting with a guy the other weekend that was shooting them. He was crushing clays. I picked up some of the hulls and am going to experment with loading them.

6. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Shot the WST 1 oz 8's last year and loved them, Had a 97 avg with them, Can't find them this year and don't know what to do without them!!

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I shoot them in the winter and let them fly. I did open one up and look at the pellets and they were quite uniform. Much more so than cheap Fed Estates

8. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

What's the going price for these?

Thx Bill

9. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

The 1 1/8 oz loads here about 6.50 a box

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If they had brass heads on them so I could shoot them in my Ljutic, they'd be ALMOST perfect....perfect would be if they were the old Super Target papers...JMHO

11. lwr_

lwr_ Member

@ MIA - I did the same comparison. I cut open a Top Gun, an Estate, a Gun Club, and a Super Target. The Gun Club and Super Target had premium wads and hard uniform shot. The Top Gun and Estate shells had two piece wads, and shot that ranged in size from #6 to #10 with about 10% being malformed double shot.

I now only buy the Gun Club and Super Target shells. They are typically priced about .50 cents higher than the Top Gun and Estates, but worth it in my opinion. Other's opinions and experience will of course vary.

12. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

The 1 oz. Super X load is great also at 1290fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.