1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester super target shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by carl100, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl100

carl100 TS Member

I have about 5 flats of 2 3/4 Winchester Super Target shells.Are these hulls reload able?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You can reload just about any hull. The Super Target hulls are no exception. Just use the AA data. Part of the reason you won't see many people reloading them are, the steel base and the plastic seems thinner thus they just don't last for many reloads. If you want to reload them, I would suggest reloading them once and then toss 'em.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

grntitan has it right, also they have a tendency to buckle about 1\2 way up from the metal head & bulge right at the crimp if everything isn't just right. If you prefer straight wall hulls (JMO) Fed. G.M.s are the best I've found. Ross Puls

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

What I have found is to use one size larger wad for the reloading of these Super Targets. (1 1/8 oz wad for 1 oz loads, ect) and they load fine....

5. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I have loaded a bunch with 1-1/8oz, win209, 21.5g Green dot, and a blue duster wad. I have reloaded them 5 or 6 times on a MEC 9000.

6. carl100

carl100 TS Member

Thanks for the info.I had been reloading Remington's with red dot powder and clay buster cb1100-12 wads and 209 primers with no problems using a Mec.jr loader.I had loaded a few thousand .When I started to load the Winchester SuperTarget hulls the crimps are not right because the wads don't press down far enough.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The early ones from the mid-90's were my favorite shells for reloading. I also carried my highest Singles 98.28 with 'em. The newer ones tend to buckle easy so I'm no longer interested in trying!!

8. ben there

ben there Member

ihave 3 boxes papers best handicap load winchestert ever made wish i had 300 cases

9. ben there

ben there Member

ihave 3 boxes papers best handicap load winchestert ever made wish i had 300 cases

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are winchester super target hulls reloadable

can you reload winchester super target shells

what wad is good for winchester supertaget hull