1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Super Target Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I shoot at least 2 flats of these shells a week. 1145 fps loads. I like the shell but I have had at least 12 that would not fire. Base was caved in--very small depression on primer. Also had at least 12 that felt like 3 1/2 dram loads..jarred my teeth. Any one else having problems with this shell? SMOKIT

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I shot two flats of these same shells last weekend and won 3 out of the four handicap events I was in and one of them took me an extra three boxes in a shoot off. I like these shells a lot and I wish I could duplicate the load when reloading. I never had any issues or problems you mentioned. You may have just got a bad batch.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I shoot the Walmart specials: 1 1/8 ounce 1200 fps; and one ounce 1180 fps. No
    problems.

4. SMOKEIT

Goose2--You clearly got the best shells==My handicap scores suck.........SMOKIT

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I've shot around 12 flats of the light 8's thru my Kreighoff Trap Special with no problems.

Tom Strunk

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Smok. What kinda gun you shootin? Sounds like you may have a firing pin issue. Of all the cheapies I have shot, I like these the best.

7. Dr. Dirt

Dr. Dirt TS Member

My 90t won't eject them. Steel base I think. It ejects all premium shells.

8. SMOKEIT

The gun I shoot is an Alfermann. I also shoot Gun Club and Mirage shells--never one no fire with these.....SMOKIT

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I've shot 10's of thousands of those shells through my Kolar and 90T. I might have had one or two that didn't go off. They haven't stuck in the 90T either. The barrel of the 90T was worked on by Kerry Allor, so perhaps that has made a difference. Bill Malcolm

10. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

At my state shoot, in the 200 singles tournament, I dropped 4 birds in the first 100 sub-event, while shooting factory AA's. I figured that I was out for the day, so I shot my cheapie back-up ammo (Supertargets) for the second 100 event. I ran them. (Of course, a 196 doesn't even earn a handshake, so I was still out for the day).

But, Supertargets did perform well for me.

bluedsteel

11. JM_KC

JM_KC TS Member

I have never had a problem with these and i shoot them a lot. I ran out today and i bought a couple of boxes of Rios. A base separated from the plastic and jammed my gun. Never had that hapen before. I wa told that the SuperTargets are the same shell as the AA, except for the premium hull. Anybody know if this is true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.