1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Super Target shells on sale @ Brownells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoobedoo, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoobedoo

shoobedoo Member

Brownell's has Winchester Super Target shells on sale for $46.99 per flat of 10 boxes. They're 2 3/4 in. 3 dram loads with 1 1/8 oz. of #7 1/2 shot. I ordered 3 flats and shipping by UPS Ground from Iowa to my location in Maryland was just $13.95, which made my total delivered cost $5.16 per box or roughly $51 per flat. Now that Bass Pro is sold out of the Remington Gun Clubs this is about the best deal going that I know of.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Promo code DR7 also gets you $20 off $200, so it covers your shipping and a little bit off the shells.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

and... the Winchester uses better quality shot than G's

4. fcd67

fcd67 Member

Coupon code DSR gets you free ground shipping over $99.

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

If you can get them with free shipping and no sales tax, heck of a bargain. I wish they were the light load and not 3 dram.

6. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I practically never shoot 32 gram, but I'm thinking winter leagues, only 50 shots/day, heavy clothes and my spare gun with the soft touch...

Supposedly $46.39 delivered to my door. We'll see. Heck, I shouldn't have any trouble off-loading them for $50.

7. shoobedoo

shoobedoo Member

A friend gave me a box of these to try out the other night, they shoot just fine out of my BT-99 (broke 25 straight with em' LOL), no issues whatsoever, but I also wish they had these in 2 3/4 dram or even some 1 oz. loads, they'd be fine for 16 yard practice. Wish I had known about the free shipping code before I hit the buy button, it would have made it an sweeter deal, but I guess it pays to do a little searching for coupon codes beforehand, lesson learned.

FYI, I noticed they're showing these as "Out of Stock" now, too bad, I would have probably got a few more flats to take advantage of the free shipping. Perhaps they'll offer these again in the near future, I'll definitely keep an eye out for them.

8. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I ordered some and was told I could only use one promotional code per order. Said it would give me the greatest of the two codes so I got 20.00 off.

9. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

Darn,missed another great buy! They say "out of stock" but you can back order

them,also if you want to spend a lot more money you can always go to Midway.

RA

10. skeet_man

They do not.

11. skeet_man

Gun Clubs don't use a STS primer anymore. They're using some sort of import primer similar to a cheddite, I pierced a couple dozen of them out of 8 boxes last wknd.

12. skeet_man

Regardless of what the website or the box says, they aren't STS primers anymore. I opened a box of every variety of Remington target"ish" shell (except STS) at Dicks a few weeks ago, including gun clubs, field loads, promo shells, ect, 12ga, 16ga 20ga, ect and they all have a primer with a silver ring and a gold center now.

Here is a pic of the Gun Club 20ga I shot the past weekend (had an extra box):

skeetman_2008_030333.jpg

They look like Winchester 209 primers, but they definitely aren't, as evidenced by the piercing problem.
    skeetman_2008_030334.jpg

13. skeet_man

And even what they say on their website was never 100% right, b/c they only used the STS primers in the 12ga Gun Clubs. Until they switched to the ones shown above, the 20ga Gun Clubs always used their field load primer.

14. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I've yet to see a factory GC 12ga that did not have an STS primer. It's what makes a once-fired empty so easy to spot....few people reload with STS's anymore.

I keep a few STS on hand to reload the 20ga GC's. The 12's always seem to accept other primers for me.

15. skeet_man

I would have to guess that what's being shipped from BP is old stock. Our local dicks had almost no gun clubs for a long time, then got a bunch in fairly recently, all with this new style primer.

16. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Do you guys reload the Winchester Super Targets?

17. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Skeet_Man? BP? You lost me on that one.

Charlie

18. skeet_man

Bass Pro

19. dirk

dirk Member

I had the same trouble with blown primers with the Gun Club shells in 12ga 3dr. They were fired in three different trap guns with the same result. Probably 4 to 5 our of every box had blown primers. I send a box from the flat of shells that I was shooting with some of the fired shells with the pierced primers. Remington responded by saying that they found nothing wrong with the shells and it was my gun. I reminded that it occurred in three different guns and I got a gift card to redeem for Remington products. Never had a problem with STS's or any other shell for that matter, and one of the guns probably has over 75 thousand rounds through it.

20. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

FYI...I bought 3 flats this past Friday even though it said they were on backorder. Today I got an email that the order shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.