1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester super target ratings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolared person, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Is there any difference between Winchester super target and the universal ammo sold at Wall Mart?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In Western Canada we shoot a lot of Winchester Super Targets as they are about the only shells we can get a little bit of a break on. Last year I shot many Super Targets and I bought quite a few Federal Estates also in 2 3/4 dram eq 8's. I could not honestly tell any difference in felt recoil in 5000 registered singles and 5000 registered doubles targets. I don't usually buy from Walmart because they insist on stocking only 3 dram loads and I don't need that much recoil for Singles and Doubles. I buy premium ammo or my own Green Dot reloads for long yardage Handicap.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I've cut both of them open !! I did not do this at the same time so I can't tell you if the powder was the same or not. I did not roll the shot on a piece of glass or table and watch and see if the shot was round or not. But both have the standard Win. AA wad. I shot my best round of handicap with the universal loads as well. I would have to say they are very close to being the same. Both will break target well, if you do your job. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.