1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Winchester Super Speed Game Loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

I just bought a flat of these at Wal-Mart for $35.80. When I got home I looked at the ATA rule book and found out that these shells are 25 ft/sec faster then the limit. These are 1 oz at 1350 ft/sec. Guess I can use them for non-registered shoots and practice.
  2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I have never seen those at any Walter World in my area ... is it a new shell for them or have they had this one for awhile?
  3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Perfectly legal for Sporting Clays! I'll have to go check out the local wallyworld for the shells!

ec90t
  4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'm checking the Winchester site now and cant seem to find any 1oz loads with that speed or any shells called "Super Speed Game Loads".

I wonder if this is a new low cost cheepie shell by Winchester for Dove season?
  5. 1100 classic trap shooter

I think they have had them for awhile and re-stocking for dove season. I forgot to mention they are 7 1/2 shot.
  6. lumper

lumper TS Member

How many boxes come in that flat ... possibly only 8 boxes or 200 rounds per flat?
  7. 1100 classic trap shooter

It's a full flat 10 boxes of 25, 250 rounds.
  8. $andbagger

$andbagger TS Member

If you are worried, just rebox them and shoot them. Put them in AA boxes. No one will even pay attention. When's the last time you had anyone check the speed of your shells at a registered shoot? Even if they do, most cheap shells chrono slower than advertised. 25fps isn't enough to worry about.
  9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Must be a brand new shell ... they aint listed on the Winchester site at all. Nothing even close to that name but there is a Super Sport listed with those specs but the MSRP per flat is over $110 ... if you dont mind me asking what is the model number of the shell on the end of the flat?
  10. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Super Speed is an old, old Winchester/Western name. I carry my shells in an ancient Super Speed wooden box from the 1950s. Winchester now uses this name for their lowest priced shells, and our local WalMart sometimes has some of them on the shelf.
  11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Sounds like the recent release than of the Remington UMC shells ... I might have to check out Wally World on the way home to check them out but for the life of me I have never seen them at any of the local stores in the past.
  12. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
  13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Thats a nice chair that box is on ... is a rocker type chair or just a kind of sit and not move type of chair?
  14. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"is a rocker type chair or just a kind of sit and not move"

Sittin an sippin chair.
  15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Well after a little sippin who needs a rocker type chair cause if your sippin the good stuff you'll be rocking soon anyway.
  16. 1100 classic trap shooter

WHS127 is the model number on the box.
  17. ec90t

ec90t Guest

What hull are these, The tapered or universal?

ec90t
  18. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"The tapered or universal?"

I haven't taken any of the Super Speed apart, but they look just like Winchester Universal from the outside. I expect they are the same.
  19. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks!

ec90t
  20. weagle

weagle Member

I've bought them for several years. They are sharp kickers. The normal price around here is $3.90/ box, but they occasionally put them on sale for $3.25.

Don
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.