1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Super Handicap Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anybody using the new Winchester Super Handicap Powder. What is your recipe. Bushing size , etc.
    Do not see suggested bushings for use. Rec'd info at 06 Grand

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have the data. I was really wanting to know what MEC bushing was necessary.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mike,

What is your impression of the Super Handicap powder? I'm currently using Titegroup powder and Remington 209's in a Remington hull. If the shortage of Rem. 209's continue, I'm going to look into a different powder.

ec90t

4. rayman

rayman Member

Perazzi Big Bore
    I use Unique, what load do you use to duplicate Super Handi cap load?
    I'm using 21.5 gr. in AA hull win primer and Windjammer wad, nice soft load,speed I'm not sure of.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mike,

I have a longshot load that pushes an 1oz and a 8th out at 1330-1340fps that I use for backups during Annies. You won't find that load in the book, it is a downloaded recipe that I came up with.

Since all of my shooting these days is either games or sporting clays, I like a 1235-1255fps call bird shell. I load these with 1 1/8oz of 7 1/2's or 8's. I have been using Titegroup, but due to the scarceness, and cost, of Remington 209's I maybe forced to switch to a different powder. I was just wanting your observations on the powder.

ec90t

6. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I bought 4 lbs to use this summer, and it is performing as advertised. I can't tell the difference (recoil, velocity, breaks) between my reloads and factory shells. I use Win hulls, primers and white wads, with the recommended 20.9 grains of powder. I use a universal charge bar in my MEC, but a 23 bushing should get you close to 20.9 grains of powder. The powder is very dense.

Tried the powder for 3 dram 1 1/8 oz loads, and it left the barrel absolutely filthy and a semi wet/greasy coating on my 391's gas system. So, I only use it for the max/1250 fps 1 1/8 oz load.

Michael

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks Michael!

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can you use winchester super handicap through a mec universal charge bar
mec bushing chart for winchester aa supe handicap
mec bushing chart for winchester aa super handicap
mec charge bar load chart for winchester super handicap powder