1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester shells 3.99 box

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by walnutmaker, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Just happened to stop by the Walmart at Hays, Kansas on the way west the other day and found the 1ox 12ga and 7/8 ox 20ga loads on sale for 3.97. These are game loads but so what. I had 50.00 in my pocket so I picked up a flat for my 20 for about 43 out the door. We shoot skeet out here sometimes and these work well for that game. I need my head examined for not picking up 10 flats but had a car and trailer full of Estates I picked up in Missouri at Grafs. These were Winchester Super game loads.

My point is why can't the companies give us a break these days and really help the shooters afford the shooting games. Weve been paying 7 or eight bucks for essentially the very same thing less the hard shot! Go figure! Phil Simms

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

They were $4.77 a box in Waycross, Ga when I looked today. Jackie B.

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

Great deal. Like you said, game loads, who cares...

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I live 30 miles from the Wal Mart headquarters and my local store does not have these shells. I also asked about the Federal Top Guns that were selling for about this price and was told that our local store was probably not on the list to receive them. I asked if they could order them for me and was told no. The big cheeses determine where stuff goes. The girls working there said I should go to walmart.com and do some stuff and make the purchase and then they would take delivery for me, etc. Just doesn't seem like I should have to do that. I'm just saying....
    Martinpicker

5. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Checked at our local Walmart and no dice here in Grand junction. I don't understand why some store has this deal but not the others. No plans to go back to Hays Kansas any time soon. Phil S.

6. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Some Wallys are fully stocked with guns and ammo, some have none at all. Some have just ammo, some just guns and no ammo. Doesn't seem to make much sense but thats how they are...

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

RETIRED From Wal-Mart After 17 1/2 Years Driving A Truck For Them. Usually The Reason Some Stories Do NOT Have Certain Items Is The DEPARTMENT MGR. One Of The Worst Dept.'s Is The Sporting Goods Dept. A Large # Of These People Have NEVER Hunted, Shot Trap Or Skeet Or Even Fished A Day In Their Life.I Myself Have Never Heard Of A Store That Could Or Would Not Order Shotgun Shells For Someone.If This Happens To You Then, GO To The STORE MGR. With your Request And If He REFUSES To Help You ASK For A COMMENT Card!!!. Fill Out The Card And Mail It To The Home Office Address In Bentonville, Arkansas. Store MGR's HATE Negative Comment Card's Sent In About Their Refusal To Assist A "Customer" Joe Whitehurst.

8. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

A better idea would be to buy else ware.

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I have had conversations with the store mgr at the walmart in san antonio on calebra rd. She has fought corporate to get shells. They tell her she doesn't need that many. she has sent them programs for the trap, skeet and sporting shoots held at the national gun club with little response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.