1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester shell reabte

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superxjeff, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Guys do you know what the deal is on buying shells by the case? Do I still have to take the bar codes off the individual boxes or can I take the UPC bar codes off the actual case itself? I bought 5 flats of 28ga shells and I would just as soon not ruin the boxes. Jeff

P.S The web site says nothing near as I can tell. Jeff

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

STEP 3

INCLUDE ORIGINAL UPC CODES CUT FROM BOX
    Include the original UPC Codes cut from
    each qualifying box of ammunition purchased.

Photocopies will not be accepted.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Lightly score around the UPC, and peel it off, rather than cutting all the way through the box. That way you get the UPC, and still have use of the box.

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

No need to ruin the boxes. Use a sharp knife or razor blade. Score around the Bar Code then peel the top layer off. Much easier than cutting through the box.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I've been paid twice and both times I just sent in the case UPC, along with the rebate form and invoice. No need to mess with the individual boxes.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My experience is the same as Claybrdr, 2 years in a row I have sent in the UPC codes from the cases not each individual box and I received my full rebate without much delay. I noticed that the Federal Gold Medal rebate also allows UPC codes from the case or each individual box. Remington seems very sticky about using each individual box not the case UPC code.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather sacrifice the boxes than risk loosing 100 bucks, unless you had it in writing from them that the case UPC is OK.

8. boba7449

boba7449 Member

i have as well just sent in case upc with no problems what so ever

9. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I agree with skeet_man (Ian) on what he said. The true letter of what they (Winchester, as well as Remington) was asking for each individual UPC code off of every box. I know it's really a PIA to do that, but a good X-Acto knife or box-cutter makes quick work of it and on the Remington shells where the UPC is on the bottom of the box, I just use a piece of wide, clear packing tape to ensure the box is still good to use and even better than before, because they won't open from the bottom with the tape there.

I would hate to see you denied the rebate by sending in the code on the flats and then have someone different (from the lucky ones who did go thru that way) dis-allow your rebate, by not following what they stated. JMHO Mike* (MH*)

P.S.: Just wished Remington acted as fast as Winchester has in the past on getting rebates back to the people.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I will take teh gamble and just send in the case UPC. It doesn't sound like anybody has NOT got the refund just doing that. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.