1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Sgl Stack Skeet Mach??????.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Is it possible to change out the 110-115 volt motor on the old Winchester skeet machines to a motor that will run on 12 volts?

I see occassionally a pair of these machines put up for sale at around $1000. My thought is if these could run on 12 volts, they may work nice for a remote sporting clay position, along with a solar panel to help keep the batteries up.

Doug Braker

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nothing to it. Just match up to the Lovejoy coupling, and have enough torque/RPM. These are not huge motors, and the gear reduction makes it easier.

But there is one little hitch. The motor on a 1574 runs continuously. A time relay feeding the power will save batteries. You would have to start the realay with the trip solenoid so the motor will be up to speed when the cocking cycle starts.

Check W. W. Grainger for the relay.

HM

3. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

HM, Don't forget the firing solenoid is 110 volt.Is there a 12v one available?

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I thought about it after supper. the solenoid is of a type made for Laundry equipment, and replacements were in the Grainger catalog last time I looked. what to do about 12V conversions could be a dilemma.

Fortunately, Winchester in their wisdom put a manual trip lever on the machine, ostensibly to unload it without haveing to fetch the pull cord.

This lever on the back of the machine has a long rod going forward.

A linear actuator, a couple holes, a bit of wire, Poof! Done.

Further research may yield a more elegant solution.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can i convert a winchester skeet machine to 12 volts