1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shubble72, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

I am looking at trading a cynergy field gun for a winchester select trap, and was wondering if anyone had one, if it was reliable.
    TIA

2. Mark Spears

Mark Spears Member

I bought one for my Dad, who had not shot trap in 35 yrs.

He loves it, says it reminds him of the broadway ( it is made by FN after all )

He broke 24 right out of the box, what was I thinking..

3. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

I have had mine around 2 1/2 years. Things I like are the broad rib, the fatter than most grip and a very smooth and consistant trigger. My only complaint is the comb is not parallel and I am going to have a custom top made to eliminate that problem. After a few thousand the gun will finally loosen up so it opens easier. They are very tight right out of the box. For the money I think this is a great buy. I sold my KS5 and now shoot just this gun for everything. I don't judge a gun by what it cost I judge it by how well it works for me. This one is a keeper which means it will stay in my stable even if I decide to "try something better" because history has shown me I've made that mistake before but I won't with this one.

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have had mine for about a year and a half and have put well over 15,000 rounds through it without any problems at all. The gun fits me great and when I do my part, the targets just dissappear. I think it is one of the best values out there.

5. winselect

winselect TS Member

I have two of these guns one is a 32" trap the other is a 28" sporting, they are very good shooting guns. Both of mine are for sale simply because I dont shoot hardly ever and Im trying to get some bucks for a new Mathews bow, that is my real passion, if anyone is interested contact me at above email.

6. sammie

sammie TS Member

I have had Supreme Sporting, old style, and I love it. Added some weight to it and it shoots and handles great. The best underpriced o/u out there. Opinions may vary. sam

7. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Thank you guys for all your comments if you see me at a shoot I think Ill be shooting a select trap o/u.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Select Sporting I shot was very impressive, pointed and shot like a Browning. Oh, it IS a Browning!

9. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Do you think the winchester will hold its value like a browning??????

10. Questor

Questor TS Member

I have the 30" non-adjustable trap model and am very pleased with it. I liked it better than any other trap gun I tried, so I bought one. I thought it was a real bargain, considering all the features.

11. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Do you think the winchester will hold its value like a browning??????

12. Questor

Questor TS Member

I own one and I do not think it will hold value like a Browning. I bought it because I liked the feel and the features, and bought it as a shooter. If I have it 10 years and it only returns a small portion of its purchase price, I won't get upset about it. There are other guns that I buy with resale potential as a consideration.

A big question is how the Winchester marque fares in the market. If it can survive the next few years and word gets around that these are really good guns, then it may hold value better.

My understanding about the wood problem is that there were teething pains when the guns were released in 2004 and that they have been revamped to solve the early problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.