1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jackv, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackv

Jackv TS Member

I handled one of these at the Grand last week and wanted to know of anyone's experience with it. Any gripes or comments would be appreciated as I wanted a new gun for doubles that could also be a fine crossover for sporting clays.

Thanks,

Jackv

2. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Jack, I shoot a Select Energy Trap model and I love it. Have at least 20,000 rounds through mine and have had no problems. Swings very smooth and the triggers are crisp with very little creep. A good gun for the money. I don't think you'll be let down. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

3. lostandout

lostandout Member

i shoot the se sporting also and i am very pleased with it

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I bought a Winchester select sporting about 6 years ago. I don't shoot it real regularly but I do like it & would not sell it. A friend of mine shoots one every week, no problems. A really great gun for the money & they had some sweet prices at the Grand including the 101 Pidgeon versions. Colonel

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hard to beat for the money.

6. spicyfish

spicyfish TS Member

I purchased the 101 Pigeon grade from Guns Unlimited in Omaha. 32", adjustable comb, Signature series chokes and Tru Glo interchangeable fiber optic sights.Grade III/IV wood. Love the gun. Paid $1395. The discription is at:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=020C&mid=513059

Hard to beat in my opinion.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

My starter gun. Never had a problem with it. It is just about sale proof as no one wants to buy a used one. I think it is underrated.

I keep it as a loaner and a hunting gun.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.