1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester select energy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winselect, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winselect

winselect TS Member

Can anyone tell me about the winchester sekect energy. Im thinking of buying one with 28" barrels. The gun feels awesome, and are alot cheaper than Browning or Beretta

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

If it fits you - buy it.

For trap the 28" barrels are a bit short. I have one with 30" barrels and I shot it well. I really liked it.

Moved up to a K-80 so I don;t use it now. Keep it as a back up and I will use it for Sporting Clays.

I only have 5-000 rounds through it so I cannot tell if it will last heavy use.

Don

3. winselect

winselect TS Member

Thanks for the info. Im just looking for an afforable gun. My son just started 4-H shooting sports and he wants me to shoot with him. Im shooting a benelli auto with 26" barrell. I found the select brand new in the box for 1000.00, I thought it sounded pretty good.
    Kevin

4. winselect

winselect TS Member

Whats the difference in a sporting clays and a trap gun. I cant really see any difference

Kevin

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Most the time trap guns have taller ribs.

6. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

In the Select Energy models the trap model has the wide Broadway style rib. The sporting model is thinner. That was the only spec difference I noticed when I tried them. I shoot mine for trap only and it has been great. As opposed to dverna, I sold my Krieghoff and shoot only the Select now. Scores are up on all three events. Go figure. I can spend more on practice now. Buy it, you won't be dissappointed. If it is new you will notice it a little snug to open for the first 2000 or so. The trigger is very nice as is the grip. Shoot well.

7. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

Don't they have aluminum receivers?

8. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I'm told the Select energy is made by Browning as a lower end model, hense the price. You could also look at SKB, they are in the same price range and a very nice gun.

Hawk,

9. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

The winchester select energy is a great gun for the money, I have a select energy trap and have put thousands of rounds through it without a problem. The only thing that I do not like about the gun is that it gets dirty very fast, and after about every thousand rounds I have to take the stock off and clean the insides. Other than that it is a great gun. jamie

10. winselect

winselect TS Member

What are the best ex

Which extended choke tubes work best with the select energy trap?
    Kevin

11. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

Does anyone know what the receiver is made of? I know it's an alloy but is it steel or something else?

12. winselect

winselect TS Member

which chokes work best for what shooting. Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.