1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Energy ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I've heard that the Winchester Select Energy & the Browning XT are basically the same gun, --the only differences are wood finish & receiver material---is this true are parts interchangeable---there is a PFS made for an XT, wondering would a PFS work on a Winchester Select Energy----Phil

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Not interchangeable.

I have s Select Energy and shoot it well. The only negatives are that it is a bit light, the grip is to thick for me and it feels cheap compared to my K-80.

Still, it shoots very well and I have not had any problems - but only 7-8000 rounds through it so far.

Mine has nice wood for the price and it is a bargain if you are looking for an entry level gun.

Don

3. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Not looking for an entry level gun, will be using the gun for doubles only---will dump the wood-will have Dennis DeVault make me a stock or get a gun that would work with a PFS--believe it or not Dennis recommended a SKB---he did a lot of successful shooting with an SKB----I also will need to make the gun double release---Phil

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have a Winchester Select Sporting in the safe I just serviced for a customer. It looks a LOT like a Beretta as far as locking system, and ejection. The triggers look like a Beretta hybrid. I would say it IS a Beretta hybrid, which is not a bad thing!

It is made by FN Belgium. Seems like a good gun. I shot this one on the Bunker field. It seemed to be very well suited for the Clay Target Sports. I don't see anything negative about it. It is not a Krieghoff, but is not priced like one, either. I like the Invector Plus Choke system.

My opinion is, it is well worth the money.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The Winchester Select Energy is a good shotgun and NO----they're not the same as a Browning. The action has a lot more in common with the Beretta than with the Browning.

John C. Saubak

6. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Have not shot a Select Energy, any truth to the readings that the forearm is flawed, i.e. that it has a tendency to crack (wood)?

7. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

My forearm has never cracked, but there was a guy I know that used to shoot one that had his crack. I am very happy with mine however, 15,000+ rounds and still not one problem. I also think that it has more in common with a beretta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.