1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester select energy???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by aabradley82, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Has anyone shot one of these guns a good bit? I am looking for a new or new-to-me shotgun and found several of these around. Shot one and liked it(not for sale unfortunately). Just trying to do a little research before dropping my money into a POS. Thanks Andrew
  2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Use the SEARCH feature to read a number of opinions of the Select Energy.
    They're all positive, and I have a several friends who shoot them. One of the
    best guns for the money, and there seem to be a fair number around - including new ones. Prices range from $1,000 used to $1,600 new with adjustable comb.
  3. lostandout

lostandout Member

Jun 29, 2010
    good guns you will be happy

4. Schmidt Racing

Schmidt Racing TS Member

May 11, 2010
    I've had one for a couple years now...I really like the fit and the grip...It doesn't break as many clays as I'd like though....might not be the gun's fault.... Dick
  5. Nomus

Nomus TS Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I have been shooting one for around 6 years now. It has been a great gun. When I bought it, I did not know anything about hype within the shotgun world and bought it because I liked the way it felt and looked, and also because it was a nice looking gun at a good price. I have since added a longer buttpad and extended Briley's.

Somewhere around 8000 rounds and it has been 100% reliable. Still looks new and I have had no problems, and I get compliments on it just about every time I have it out. I do not foresee myself ever getting rid of it, I just really enjoy shooting it. Nomus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.