1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER SELECT ENERGY TRAP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by targetman, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. targetman

targetman TS Member

Is anybody having trigger issues with there winchester select trap gun. Here is what's happening to mine.
    As I shoot it out of the blue I will get a hard trigger pull or trigger hang up. this can happen two or more times in 25 rounds of trap.
    I had it to 5 different gun smiths and at the end of the season sent it in to Aronld Mi. to the browning / winchester repair fascility.
    After 8 weeks they sent it back with no letter ,stating it was fixed. I still have the same problem.Has anybody had the same problem?
    Let me know if the problem was corrected.
    Thanks Jim Spranger

2. avodilko

avodilko TS Member

try taking gun apart and cleaning triger , complete spray an use a can of air like you spray key board with,that way you will not have to much air pressure,to start with put a clean white rag down to see hat comes out may be a small pcs. of the stock shaving ect.. note it dose not have to be very big. that what i found in mine ,after i got mine no trouble scince a lot of rounds scince then 15 flats at least. after cleaning oil same with wd 40 ,i know a lot of people will not agree,but it works for me,do not wipe oil off let it sit before putting back togeather. good luck . andy

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It sounds like the the gun isn't cocking properly. Like you aren't fully opening the action when you reload.

Does this happen just during singles or also while shooting doubles?

ss

4. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I've been through mine so many times I can't count testing release trigger designs. There are a few things that can make this happen but I don't see how in stock configuration. If you want to remove the stock and send me pics of the action in cocked, uncocked and on and off safe maybe I can see something. These guns have a very good action IMO and I can't imagine what could be happening.

After a lot of work I did manage to build release triggers for mine so maybe I learned enough through osmosis to be able to troubleshoot yours.

Mark Russell

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Have had no problem with mine in any way. Sorry, no help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy release trigger