1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Energy - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I keep seeing Winchester Select Energy trap guns for sale at very reasonable prices. Since I have never shot one, I thought I might ask you guys for a review of this model. Is there anything special about them? Do they compare to the old 101 trap? Do they compare to ant other current production gun? What do you think? Looking forward to reading your opinions. Martinpicker

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I shoot a Kolar for league and registered Trap, but I also have two Select Energy trap, 32"/adj comb, and one Sporting 30"/adj comb. IMHO the price is right, for a new shooter to try Trap, for use in Sporting Clays, and for live bird hunting. Both barrels will shoot 50/50 if needed, and certainly higher with the adjustable comb. Uses Invector Plus choke tubes, with many variations available anywhere.

There are reviews available from your search engine if you enter your thread title in the search box.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

For a shooter on a budget, these are a good solid gun. They do not hold their value very well and have not gotten the rep. of a Browning. They are Made in the old Browning plant F/N. If you buy one used at the right price go for it and put in some Briley extended choke tubes. Break-em all. Jeff

4. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

I have a 30" trap I bought for a backup for bunker but couldn't get it muzzle light enough to suit me. I enjoyed the gun, especially the reduction in recoil from the overbore and the porting. Even with 24 gram loads, it was noticable. I would like to sell it. Price is tentatively $1000 and includes 3 add'l chokes. Also, I have a bondoed pattern w/ adjustable comb and Kick-eez pad for an additional $150.

Chuck

Dogbest thanked this.
  5. fishguts

fishguts Member

I bought a Win. select energy trap about 4 years or so ago, one day when shooting doubles the forearm split right in my hand after a shot. Tried to get a replacement forearm for a couple of months, they finally sent me one of a different style...seems the first style of forearm had problems and the design was changed to a field style with a schnabel tip and different checkering. Traded it in as fast as I could. Never shot well using that gun. I still use the plastic case it came tho'.

Wayne

6. coho

coho Member

i've shot an adjustable comb 32inch select energy for the last 7 years. i proably put 200,000 rounds through it. i just replaced it with a 682 gold e because the bottom barrel wont fire anymore. i've had it to a few gunsmiths and they can't fix it for some reason so I decided to change guns. Over all I don’t think you can beat them for the price, I shot some great scores with it. I had a clyde slide put in by clyde cameron and an adjustable butt plate put in as well.

7. rsikole

rsikole Member

That's pretty impressive for any gun! 200,000 rounds in 7 years before it wore out! That works out to about 550 rounds per week average, or over 2 flats per week for 7 years straight! I wish I had the time and ammo to shoot that much!

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy

winchester select energy review
winchester select energy reviews

winchester select energy sporting

winchester select energy sporting review

winchester select energy trap

winchester select energy trap for sale
winchester select energy trap review