1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Energy Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shamlin, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamlin

shamlin Member

I have been looking on Gunbroker and noticed the Winchester Select Energy trap gun seems fairly inexpensive. Is there something to watch out for on this gun? Is it a shooter? I may be in the market for one for my son. Thanks for any info.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

for $1100 - 1200 it is a hell of a gun

3. Art D

Art D Member

Nice gun to start out with, very tight and seems to stay tight. I shot one for about 6 month,shot 10,000 round, brought my average to above 90 and then went to a SKB and then and now Perazzi. Its a good starter Gun if you are getting into the sport, like I did.

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Resale value has been a problem with these guns. If you buy one plan on keeping it or taking a beating when you trade or sell it.

Good luck,
    Steve

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

It was my starter gun. Very good value. It is a little light (I have 30" barrels). I kept mine and use it as a loaner. I have about 10,000 rounds through it.

A better option is a used BT99 if you will only want a trap gun to start with and will not shoot doubles or sporting clays. You will not lose anything on it when you upgrade.

Don

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hard to beat for the money.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Great shooters! I'd own another if they weren't ported.

ec90t

8. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Decent gun once a good recoil pad is on it and weight is added to balance the gun and help tame recoil. The wrist is a bit small for my taste, needs a raised rib, and I hate the porting. My SE is first and last gun with that feature. All it does is make things a lot louder.

~Michael

9. coho

coho Member

I really like mine. I’ve been shooting it for about 7 years now, probably got 15,000 rounds through it. I have had problems with the bottom barrel not firing though, especially with fiochhi primers.it seems to get worse in the cold weather but i don't shoot much when it's cold so its not a concern for me. The paint on the mid rib bead fell off so I have to keep it painted with white out or the glare will blind you. I need to get that replaced. I’m thinking about getting another one for a back up maybe with the 30 inch barrels as mine are 32 . I had a Clyde slide put on about 3 years ago - best money I’ve ever spent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy questions