1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Energy Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1atatime, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

A friend is interested in getting a Winchester Select Energy for a trap gun. Neither of us is familiar with the gun. Anyone out there have one or have tried one out? Your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks and shoot well.

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Pretty bad recoil issues! I would reconsider

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

I like mine a lot. It's the nonadjustable 30" barrel trap model. It's a heck of a deal for what you pay. Mine was discounted to $1300 by Gander Mountain. The important thing though is fit. If it doesn't fit, it's not a good gun. So try it out first by shouldering it in comparison to other available guns.

4. reeladdictionjr

reeladdictionjr TS Member

The Winchester has to be the best gun for the money. I have been shooting one for about 15 months now, 25,000 + rounds through it. No Problems. I shoot trap during the week with it and Sporting Clays on the weekends. This is a great gun.

Don't listen to GooberBob, I have shot the Select Energy, Beretta 682, Browning Citori and a Browning 525 using the same shells, on the same targets, right after each other. I found the Browning's to be slightly more recoil than the others. The winchester with the stock recoil pad had the least amount of noticeable recoil.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

A gun is a gun and what is the best for somebody may not be the best for somebody else so your going to get many different answers to your questions.

Gander has been discounting that gun for almost a year now and you must ask yourself ... if it was such a good gun why did they have to discount them to get rid of them and then ask yourself if they were such a good gun why have they been discounting them for so long and then ask yourself ... why did Winchester stop making that gun if it was such a good gun to begin with so in all reality your friend needs to ask himself ... is it worth it to him to buy it or possible spend a little more for a better gun that in the long run he will most likely enjoy allot more.

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have a 32" adjustable trap model. It is a great gun and has stood up to 15,000+ rounds so far without a single problem. Mine fits me great and I have no recoil issues. I feel that it is one of the best values out there.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

I like mine too.

I find the grip to be a tad big and it is a bit light. Still a very good buy at $1300 which is what I paid for a new one two years ago.

It is not a K-80. Gun snobs will sneer at you.

It will break birds if you do your part and I kept mine after getting a K-80 as a back up gun. It is also the gun my son shoots when he graces me with his presence.

Don

8. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Little snob appeal, but otherwise a great gun.

9. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy questions