1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Select Energy owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

For those of you who own one. I am thinking of buying a 32" trap. Would I be better of putting my own adjustable stk on or buying it already on from Winchester

2. williray

williray TS Member

Cigar:

I use the stock that came with the gun, nice wood!! however!!!The hardware is kinda cheap!! wouldn't stay tight! wound up useing Loctight! that fixed it. I want to add some spacers to the posts, but cant find the right ones... I hung a morgan curved adj pad on it, cost $25 worth every penny, I've shot it for a year now and he hasn't dropped out of adj ..The Morgan works great!!!!The curved pad simply drops in my shoulder every time, jacket , vest,Tee shirt don't matter, gun sits right where I want it..

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Today, a talented 14 year old girl shot her new Winchester Select Trap for the first time. Although on a SCTP Rookie team, her performance had begun to spiral down. She had been shooting a Spartan 12 ga O/U.

Her first round today was better than she had shot in months. By the time she shot four rounds, she had shot her lifetime best.

I had the pleasure of watching this beautiful little pixie shoot today. She performed at the level of an experienced, high level athlete.

When asked about her performance, she simply said that the gun gave her the confidence to shoot her best ever.

If all goes well, she will attend a Junior Olympic Camp this summer. If not, she has next year.

The Winchester Select is perhaps one of the best values in shooting today. Her Dad secretly hoped she would not like it, so HE could claim it.

Oh well, another trip to the gun shop to get him one. That will make THREE in the family. Big sister (16) has one too.

I have shot the Select. They fit, feel, point, and shoot like the big buck guns.

4. petey

petey Member

get it with the monte carlo and add the adjustable comb

5. coho

coho Member

I’ve shot mine for about 4 years now and haven’t had any problems with the factory adjustable comb. I think you should get a gun as adjustable as possible so you can fit it to you better . I had a Clyde slide( the same as a soft touch but $700 less) and an adjustable butt put on mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.