1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester rebate?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Got one of my rebate cards today from winchester.. its for fuel only.. I dont remember seeing anything about a fuel only rebate when I filled out the form.. are they all like this? thanks!

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

They work anywhere.
    Pat Haskins

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Pat:

My card arrived last week with the same verbage blkcloud mentioned. It clearly suggests their use is pretty much limited to fuel. I haven't needed gas since it came in the mail so I haven't tried it yet.

Am I understanding you to say they are accepted by general retailers, restaurants, etc.?

sissy

4. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Yes they are. I used mine in restaurants.
    Pat

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If Winchester - Federal - or any of the shell manufactures really give a crap about the people that buy there stuff it would be a buck off a box when you buy it .

6. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

can be used for anything, it has instructions with it.

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

blkcloud,

I don't understand it, but I had one friend that received a thanks for your time letter and no card and 2 weeks later another friend received their card. The website shows that both were approved by Winchester so they lost another customer.

Rule #1 don't use the gas card on gas because some stations can put a hold on the card that will prevent you from getting your full $100. I used mine at Kroger to buy groceries since we never buy less than $150 worth of groceries.

On a side note I picked up my TN NRA license plate yesterday and it's nice.

God Bless,
    TNCoach

8. brantman

brantman TS Member

I used mine for anything I wanted

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

YODA100 Maybe because it cost us money to get back some of our money .
    By the time you pay the sales tax cut the bar-codes off mail to to them . Then six weeks later your own money comes back to you ?? Not all of it but just some of that buck per-box . (about 90 cents)

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I did what Winchester really wanted me to do. I used the $100 card to buy more Winchester shells.

Pat Ireland

11. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I thought I'd score some points with the bride, and give her mine for Valentines Day. She won't have any trouble spending it.

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

They do the mail in rebates because a rather large number of buyers will never send in the rebate. The manufacturer would make less money if they just discounted at purchase. Also, the retailer who buys a bunch of their stuff but does not sell in during the rebate period paid the higher price.

With rebates the manufacturer gets your name and address for his data base and future advertising.

You ain't never gonna get something for nutin!

13. tachyon

tachyon Member

I did what Pat did, bought more shells. The card works pretty much anywhere.

14. Twixter

Twixter Member

TNcoach:

We have a convience store and no where that I know does the store retain any money until the card clears. It is the individuals bank that has this practice. Please don"t blame the store.

Mick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.