1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Rebate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Has anyone used the Winchester rebate yet? I bought five cases of 28 gauge shells the other day. The rebate seems like a pretty good deal until you read the rebate form. Seems more than a little inconvenient. It looks like they expect you to open every case and every box to cut the UPC code off to send them. You would think that the case UPC code would be sufficient. I Don't really like the idea of having to ruin 50 boxes that I could reuse many times over for my reloads. Maybe that is their plan. I suppose I could try to take an Exacto knife and carefully cut each UPC code off trying not to damage the shells.
    Neil Swenson

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

For $2 per box I'll put them in the paper shredder.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Neil: I had to do the same thing with the Remington STS rebate. I took a utility knife and cut out each UPC code and placed them in a small plastic sandwich bag. Sent them to Remington and in 6 weeks had $100. I cut a small piece of duct tape and taped over the hole on each box. I bought the STS shells at Dick's on sale for $7.49. That equates to $5.49 per box. Decent deal. Ed

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As Paul Harvey said years ago, anyone offering "rebates" are poor business owners. They bank that people will not take the time and effort to do whats needed.

Paul's responce to it all was, if they can afford the rebate cost, then it would be better to lower their price and they would sell MORE. Research proved it!

5. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

I just sent in some 28 ga. Winchesters and hated to ruin the boxes too. I took a small, sharp utility knife and carefully cut around the UPC only deep enough to cut the paper surface. Peeled up the paper starting in a corner, works well and salvages the box... box still looks funny but works OK.

Scott

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Thanks for your replies. I am getting out my utility knife right now.
    Neil

7. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Done. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 25 minutes, $100.Neil

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Bad News - a friend just got his rebate back from Winchester and was surprised to find a $100 fuel card just like last year.

I hope these are leftovers because I was planning on using mine to buy more shells?

TNCoach

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am also pretty disappointed in the "rebate". It says to use wherever Winchester shells are sold. My Gun Club could not take them although they obviously sell Winchester shells, and in SMALL print on the back, it said merchant must be selling fuel.

I will just keep shooting my reloads, like I have been since 1958.

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As Paul said, Bad business owners!

I'll keep shooting my reloads also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester rebate