1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Rebate Issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TNCoach, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

A friend of mine received his $100 "Fuel" Card even though it appeared that Winchester was sending out store cards to be used where Ammunition was sold.

He purchased $40 worth of gas and thought well it's better than nothing. The next time he went for gas the card failed to work for some reason and he paid cash.

Note: the website www.swiftprepaid.com shows that the remaining balance of $60 is in pending and the balance on the card is $0.

I wonder if Winchester knows that the company they chose to administer the rebates is ripping off their customers?

It's the last year that I buy Winchester products with the hopes of seeing any kind of rebate! I still haven't received my rebate, but it's going to be hit or miss whether I can get my $100.

TNCoach

2. Trapshooter-Mom

Trapshooter-Mom TS Member

I sent in my rebate form to Winchester almost 7 weeks ago and still have not received any rebate. I'm starting to think that the rebate is a scam. Next year I'll try Remington.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rebates are a pain in the ass. Thye are almost always handled by a third party company

4. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

I would suggest contacting the folks at Winchester.... complaining on this site will not help!
    BTW: if I remember correctly, on the rebate form it states that the rebate will take 8-12 weeks to receive.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I received my rebate from Remington in 6 weeks and it was for cash; not a gas card. Ed

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

I don't understand the confusion over the cash card. I don't even see an "issue". Remington is sending cash in the form of a check; Winchester is simply sending it out in the form of a cash card... no difference other than how it looks.

That's exactly what it is... a $XXX card good for that amount of trade anywhere cash is accepted. Why Winchester is pushing the gas angle, I don't know. They even warn on the card that the card is the same as cash and can be used by anyone because it is not assigned to anyone in particular.

We simply took our card back to the same place we bought the shells and always buy supplies and they swiped it just like it was a credit card. The cash goes from Winchester's bank into theirs. No big deal... bought 4 bags of shot with it.

I know that there is fine print on the card that specifies that it cannot be used for gas of there is less than $XX dollars remaining on the card but I can't remember what the XXs were.

I'm curious to know how many have had the card refused when they tried to buy shells, or has it simply been assumed that the card is only for gas because that's what it says?

Carol Lister

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Carol,

Did your card say FUEL on the front? He tried to use it at our gun club and it was declined for some reason.

Thanks
    TNCoach

8. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"Did your card say FUEL on the front?"</blockquote>

Yes, it did. I was bummed but I thought, "OK, $100 for gas is $100 I can spend on shooting".

Took it along to a gun shop to show it to the owner when I was checking out. He simply said, "No problem; same as cash." He swiped it... no sweat, no strain, no hesitation... 4 bags of shot.

It would be pretty hard to make it a gas card only since there are hundreds of different kinds of places to buy gas in the US (grocery stores, quicky marts etc.) and the card doesn't specify major retailers.

Carol Lister

9. brantman

brantman TS Member

I used my card for everything, it took about 8 weeks to get, now my sears rebate sometimes shows a balance ,sometimes not

10. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Mine was a Discover card that said it was good anywhere Winchester products were sold. Took 10 weeks to get.

11. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

Received my rebate card for $100. in approx six weeks and used it for fuel, but could have used it for Winchester products also if I desired to.

12. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I got a CHECK back from Remington in about 4 weeks. I just finally got the rebate back from Winchester in the form of a Discover Card that has to be used at a place the sells fuel. That one took 10 weeks to get back! ....Rick

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Obama's boys must have set this one up. Too many loopholes. A place that sold Winchester ammo could not get the card to clear. Half the card is tied up and can't use it.

Another black eye for Winchester?

Good thing I don't shoot factory ammo.

14. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

WOW!!! I just bought some AA shells today for the $2.00 off. I hope this thing is going to fly. All I can say is that Graf did me right in the shells I bought even with the shipping cost.

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I seen the shells with the rebate offer . I would be paying tax on the rebate no thanks . Give me a good price or stick it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.