1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER MODEL 59 BARREL VENT RIB

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by glenfish, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenfish

glenfish Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

24 Inch Moder 59 barrel. nice condition good bore. Not sure who installed ribs on these as I don't think it was the factory. Used to collect 59's and shoot them for quail. Need to clean up the gun safe so thought I'd try here. Asking $150.00 shipped. Will also sell the Model 59 if anyone is interested. PM if you need pictures of the gun.
    glenfish_2012_2408.jpg

glenfish_2012_24081.jpg

glenfish_2012_24083.jpg

2. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Interesting. I've never seen a rib on a 59. How is it held on, epoxy? Mod. choked as on the other non-tubed models?

3. glenfish

glenfish Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This is cyl. choked barrel. I assume it is on with some kind of epoxy. The gun is a win choked model with IC.

Glen

4. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Does it come with any choke tubes?

5. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

0   0   0

Lookks like a Simmons rib to me. I've got one on a 59 with 26 inch barrel. Got the gun new as a kid (10 yr.) for quail hunting with my dad. New 59 cost $199.99 at Belknap Hdwre. in Louisville, Ky. Rib installed at Simmons cost $112.00 with shipping.

I suspect the barrel pictured was a re-fit form a poly-choke or Cutt's Compensator. More than likely the Poly-Choke as it had replaced the Cutt's as the newest "go-to" gadget. Winchest 59's weren't offered in 24 inch barrels and were never made with factory vent ribs.

Doesn't hurt anything as it looks like a nice cut job. Notice no bluing on the end of the barrel. Shows the fiberglaased barrel off really well.

Just trying to add what I know. By the way, I've still got my Winchester 59 Vent rib I/C quail killing machine. Try to get it in the field once every year yet.

Eddie Quire

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Trivia Frank Little shot a 59 for quail shot with a friend back in the 70's

7. glenfish

glenfish Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

No choke tubes it is cyl. I am selling the 59 complete with a winchoke barrel. asking $500.00 shipped. Will post some pictures tomorrow.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
model 59 winchester for sale
winchester 59 barrel for sale
winchester model 50 vent rib

winchester model 59 barrel

winchester model 59 barrel for sale

winchester model 59 barrels for sale

winchester model 59 shotgun barrels

winchestr 59 vent rib