1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Model 54

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I stopped by a local gunshop yesterday and spotted a Winchester Model 54 in .270 Win. The rifle appeared original and was very clean. I was told that it was mfg'd in '32. I liked the appearance and old school quality of it but how does it compare to the M70? I read on line that the gun was never made/intended to have telescopic sights installed and that the bolt handle would interfere. The price is $ 600.00. Any info.appreciated. Regards, Randy Price

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$550 on up to as much as 3-4 thousand. Is it a Super Grade??

3. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

If you decide against it would you please give me the contact information for the dealer? tydaws@rocketmail.com

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

There's one on GB for $770 and no bids. There's also a few in others and calibers that are expecting quite a bit more. Check 'em out. Good luck.

P.S. Ever see what they get for a Model '73 (1873)? Unreal.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Mediocre examples do not sell for any money at all. Minty 54s are collector guns. Scopes can be installed with little trouble. Bolt handles sometimes have to be bent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.