1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER MODEL 43???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Condition?

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Need to know Standard or Deluxe--condition--alterations? Then we can help. I've sold a bunch of them over the years. Great little guns.

3. clb

clb TS Member

I sold my Deluxe to a friend of mine for $800 and he and I both thought it was a fair deal. It was bought new as a present to my Dad. Mint condition with only a few minor scratches on the stock and only shot at paper.

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat--sounds like it was restocked. They were never made with cheek pieces. Sounds like a shooter. If the stock is decent and fits well. I'd say $350-450.

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

The Deluxe versions fetch any where from $600.00 on up, depending on condition. .218 Bees and .22 Hornets seem to be the most popular, but if you can find one .25-20 you will find it's a better shooter. The 43's were built on a modified rim fire action, and are prone to headspace issues, especially in the Bee and Hornet with "hot" handloads. You can check it with a "no go" gauge, or fire a primed, empty cartridge. If the fired primer protrudes more than .003-.004, there is excessive headspce It can be fixed by installing a shim behind bolt face. A good gunsmith can do it for you.

I have 2 M-43's, and I like them a lot. My Hornet is very accurate at 100 yards.
    Good luck.

22hornet

6. clb

clb TS Member

I looked at the one on gunbroker and I don't remember mine having a white spacer on the grip cap or the buttplate. Mine also had a Weaver J4 scope on it. According to the gunbroker ad, he says this was scope was factory installed. Anyone know if this is true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester 43 25-20

winchester 43 deluxe 25-20 auction