1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Model 37? What does "choke" mean?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by haulingice, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haulingice

haulingice TS Member

Winchester Model 37? What does

Winchester Model 37 What does choke mean? I've never seen this before. Is it full choke, skeet choke, M, IM, F, LF or what the heck. It just says choke.

2. 3200

3200 TS Member

What gauge? My guess, for a 12ga would be anything longer than a 30" bbl would be full, 28" would probably be modified. Had one as a kid - 36" 'goose getter' - full choke.

3. haulingice

haulingice TS Member

It is a 20 gauge. Can't remember the barrel lenght but I don't think that would make a difference.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

That gun is probably a very FULL choke. Back when that gun was made, there was little desire to own a gun with anything less than the tightest choke you could get. Besides, anyone using a gun with less than a full choke was considered a "sissy". Real Men used full choke guns.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, some of those old shotguns were "taper choke" bored. A continual taper to barrel end. Arnold Reigger(sp) dominated the sport with one of those for years, then he continued with a model 12. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 37 full choke meaning