1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester - Model 255 information sought

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steve-CT, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Where can detailed information be found re: the model 255 .22 Magnum?

I've surfed the net, been to the Winchester collectors site and other sites that feature serial number/model number functions for year of manufacture but can find almost nothing about the 255.

The only info I can get is, the model was introduced in 1964, ran until about 1970 and was discontinued. It's an alloy framed, round top receiver, .22 mag lever action with a tubular magazine.

Using the search function on the Winchester site shows no hits.

Any information on this rifle or where detailed information can be found is appreciated

Thanks

2. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Go to gunparts sight and look at the Model 150 breakdown, that should be the same action as the model 255, or atleast that was in one crossreferrence I saw.

Al

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

You mean, Gun Parts as in Numrich? I believe you're referencing the model 250 when you said "150"? (The 250 was the .22LR base model introduced in 1963)

I was looking for more historical information. How many were made? Can I tell from the serial number what year a gun was made and so forth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 255 review