1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester model 25. vs m12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hookedonshooting, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Gents , I own a model 12 trap and shoot it pretty well. Traded a pistol for a model 25. I know this about the 25. It's the non t/d version, no rib , version of the m12. Bought it as a project to play with it due to the 28" mod choke barrel. Going to add a rib to it from polychoke. not wanting to invest a lot of $$ into the gun for obvious reasons

Can anyone advise if the fore end and slide assembly are different than a m12? Going to make a stock and fore end for it. My brother has m12 wood already but not sure about the fore end. Would appreciate any other feedback on the differences between the 2. Mike

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

"It's the non t/d version" That means non take down ie. the barrel does not come apart from the receiver. Our next door neighbor had one in the early 50's and it worked fine for ducks and pheasants.

3. Hookedonshooting

Thanks for the reply. Guess I am still trying to figure out if the m12 forend will bolt onto the m25 slide.

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Before shotgun technology brought us the fine slug guns of today, the M25 Winchester was the best platform to build a slug gun for deer hunting. The solid frame/barrel combo was the most stable platform to mount a scope on. A nuisance to clean though!!

5. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

youre about to pour good wine into an old wine skin. just shoot it as is and enjoy it.

6. Hookedonshooting

My brother has said the same thing. I have access to a m12 stock and only have $275 in the gun. I have 2 very nice m12s. Bought this to shot when it rains. Plus with a mod choke, it should be a decent gun 16-20 yds. Guess I ll make one pickup.g it up tomorrrow. I can see there is a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester m12 non takedown

winchester m25 vs m12