1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester model 23 Ducks Unlimited 20ga?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Setterman, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The 23's are going up in price, but the short barrels are not very desired. I doubt the "DU" thing means much. $3,200 would be a good starting point, but most sell for $2,500+/- if their in good shape.

the 23's have a slight history of shooting the stock loose with alot of heavy use. The tang screw gets reamed loose with recoil, especially in the 12 gauge,
    and their recoil is excessive.

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Unfortunately, DU guns are NOT very collectible - Guns that you would think would command a big price - just don't. Part of that has to do with most of the guns are give-aways (fund-raiser items) and since the person that wins the gun, has virtually no money invested - collectors don't get that excited about them. I purchased several recently and I like the guns but the marketplace price says different.

Buy it if you like it - but not too much

Only unfired will bring any slight premium

Once it is fired - take to the field and use like any other gun

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you are a buyer- anything over 2000 grand is too much

If you are the seller- dream all you want

I think the fact that it is a DU gun and has short barrels actually makes it worth less--

regards

Gene

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dawsons Doubles has one NIB with excellant wood for $3,995. A tad excessive. Check it out on the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 23 ducks unlimited 20 ga