1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Winchester Model 1300 as a trap gun**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ismah, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

Recently came into possession of a Winchester Model 1300. It seems to be a pretty nice gun: 28" ribbed barrel, screw-in chokes, rotary bolt, easy action, the wood is oak but looks OK. I'd appreciate comments.
    Thank You,

[​IMG]

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Might be a fair starter gun...looks like the comb is set up for field shooting, chances are it's way too low...cheapest way to build it up would be with a Cheekeez pad or Meadows Industry Converta Stock pad.
    Good luck, puablo

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Broke my first clays with one. Barrel's a little stubby, stock a little low, but otherwise fine. A mechanically-solid gun and with a little bondo on the stock (or perhaps made adjustable), you really wouldn't need anything else for singles.

4. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I shot for 2 yrs with an H&R topper 88 ,so shoot what works till you can do somthing else!and have fun !

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

You can fit it with a trap stock from a mod. 1200. The stock will interchange and there are still a few floating around. It is a mechanically sound gun and makes a god strarter or back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.