1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Model 1200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murphy, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

Today I purchased a Winchester model 1200 from an older gentleman. The gun looks new. It has 1 screw in choke, (full). My questions are these. #1 Did the gun come with more than 1 choke, I have not seen this type choke before, it can be hand inserted like the extended chokes but the extended part is probably only 1/4 in". #2 year of mfg. (serial number L1026400, and last #3 what would the approx. value be considering it is in "as new" condition.The gun is a 12ga. and has vent rib and 28 in" barrell. Any help is appreciated.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The choke is the standard Winchoke...which is also the same as Mossbergs and standard Browning invectors.(NOT Invector Plus!) tons of chokes out there to fit it..all the companies making decent aftermarket extended models have them...they work fine and will do anything the newer versions of chokes will...lots of used chokes show up for sale here on TS that will work for you if you need more tubes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester 1200 screw in choke