1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? winchester Model 12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by peanut gallery, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanut gallery

peanut gallery TS Member

What is ment by 2 pin ver's 3 pin . I was looking at a model 12 last night this gun had a vent rib about center post i noticed 3 pins in the post is that it??
    Anything special, educate me on this please .Value???

thanks

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You've identified where the reference comes from. 2 pin are older and are the milled rib guns that are more sought after.

3. peanut gallery

peanut gallery TS Member

Are the 3 pin guns ribs milled also? whats the difference on a simmons rib and a winchester rib ?were some years 1 and some the others ?Any place to go on the net to educate myself on model 12's.

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

contact dave riffle@earthlink.net. dave has a book on model 12,s that is very informative. there is a book on model 12,s by george madis that is very helpful also. you can find these books on ebay or gunbroker.com once in awhile. receiver on top of a 2 pin gun is milled. receiver on a 3 pin gun is smooth. MOST simmons ribs were aftermarket & most put on field guns that were converted to trap or skeet.just as good as winchester factory ribs but do not have much collector value like original factory guns. hope this helps dwain

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

dbc61451/baby spook

Unless the proof mark is in the right spot. A factory simmons rib gun is a truly valuble item!

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.