1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WInchester Model 12 Stainless Steel Price Help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jdlovejoy4, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have the chance to purchase a RARE Winchester model 12 with a stainless steel barrels. It has the original box and was a special ordered two barrel set. The box has the discription of the wood being tour grade. Barrel one is a 30 inch soild rib, and barrel two is a solid rib 26 cyl. Both have checkered forearms an the stock is as well but it looks like a field configuration. Low comb, but they are both solid ribs so I understand the low comb. Could any of you guy toss out some numbers that you think something like this would go for. Thanks I'll try to post a few pics. I'm lost as value of this set. I just don't want to over pay.
    jdlovejoy4_2008_030359.jpg

jdlovejoy4_2008_030360.jpg

jdlovejoy4_2008_030361.jpg

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Assuming very good condition , my guess without holding it, at least $2000 to $2500. Jeff

3. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No stainless steel very rare gun. They only made a few of these.

4. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

0   0   0

I'm going to stir it up a little. Those guns are rare in a regular field gun. I have never came across a 2 barrel set, let alone with original boxes and with ribs!. I would price this gun in the 4-5k range if it is in good condition.

John

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Is there a way for us to view a picture bigger than a postage stamp? Maybe you could resend more pictures in full size. We especially need pictures of the box from all sides including the end label. Serial number? This may be one wonderful gun, but we have to see it to be sure. You don't even mention condition.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I womder if the original owner buffed off the black " Jappened"
    finish?

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Stainless isnt very rare- it might be rare but they made more than a "few"

Condition means everything to a collector- if the varnish has been redone or isnt there- the collectors value for this variance also goes- the one advantage you do have is if in fact it is a factory ordered two barrel set and you can prove that

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How about those pictures? We need ones we can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
winchester 12 stainless

winchester model 12 stainless steel

winchester model 12 stainless steel for sale
winchester model 12 stainless steele