1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Model 12 INFO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mx2005, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Does someone have some info on model 12's I am looking at a 1924 2-pin rib w/duck bill and this model has some marking on the reciever back from the mag tube it is a Diamond I can't find any info other than the diamond should match the wood stock but the gun doesn't have the original wood can anyone help with this little delema. Thank you Pat

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

sounds like it was originally a "black diamond" model 12 that has had the wood changed on it. original black diamond wood is usually very nice,either in monte carlo or english grip with a black diamond inlaid in the stock close to the receiver.original black diamond wood is hard to come by as most model 12 folks that have any hang on to it.dwain

3. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Thank you very much for the info and if you would know, what would a stock and forend cost in black diamond wood if i could find it. Pat.k.

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i haven,t seen any sell for quite some time.given the variables in the economy today,you might luck out & find a nice set reasonable. i wouldn,t hold your breath though, but be careful as there are some fakes out there.dwain

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

if you want to see a very nice black diamond model 12, go to cabelas.com,then go to the gun library,then type"griebel "in the search section.dwain

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

in my opinion- felix bedland- bedland sporting goods- farebury ne. is the #1 athuority on mdl 12s- he has em all and buys and sells. he was winchester collector pres for years

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

you can email felix@bedlans.com for info .or go to www.bedlans.com. & view their website. if you ever get the chance stop by there.i was in his walkin safe one time. very nice.dwain

8. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

HI Thank you guys for all the help and I will call Felix and get more education on the Model 12 before I purchase it and all have a Happy New year. Pat.k.

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

stu wright is very knowledgeable on model 12,s also.618-357-8933..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.