1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Winchester Model 12 Heavy Duck F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by too fast, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

1949 Winchester Heavy Duck Model 12, 30" barrel solid rib gun for sale or trade. Mechanically, gun is in exceptional condition. Shows little use in slide area of gun and barrel. A few small handling marks in the finish of the stock but not into the wood. Not a factory recoil pad. Overall, I would say the gun is in 95%+ condition. Would like to sell for a reasonable offer. Gun books for $1280 in 95% condition. I am located in Northern Calif. My Cell # is 916-599-3314. Thanks, Jim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Sorry about the quality of the first picture but wife had problems getting them posted. Will try and replace this picture later. Thanks for looking. Jim
  3. acss

acss Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

is this better ??
    [​IMG]
  4. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Does this have original blue & wood?
  5. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Doug I don't know much about Model 12's and just bought this gun on a whim some time back. The Old Timers that I showed the gun to a the club all said it had been shot very little. The slide area shows original casting marks and is very tight. I't a clean gun and smokes targets from the 27 and due to the weight dosen't kick like most Model 12. Thanks for the interest. Jim
  6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The ideal gun for "fun & games"! I have a few of them.

With a proper load of #6s or #4s it will crush birds even if you are back into the parking lot!
  7. claybrdr

claybrdr Active Member

0   0   0

Forend is not original. Can't see the stock well enough to tell.
  8. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Claydrdr in a previous post I had asking what the gun was worth someone mencioned they had one with Trap type forearm and a standard butt stock. Like I said I don't profess to me a Model 12 expert and would sure like to find out what the gun is worth and get it "Sold". Thanks for your help . Jim
  9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

0   0   0

Too fast, As has already been stated, the forend is after market. The picture doesn't show the stock well enough to tell but I suspect it is also aftermarket. The blue may be a reblue. From the pics I'd say it is suspect. Assuming it is a reblue and the stock is also non original, you'd be real lucky to get $500 for the gun.
  10. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Where are all of the duck and geese hunters. Nice gun
  11. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

You can tell that duck season opened. Have had several call and E-Mails on this gun all of a sudden. Good luck hunteers. Thanks Jim
  12. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I shot one of these many years ago when I did a lot of goose hunting. My cheek bone still remembers it very well.

One of Winchesters quality guns from days gone by.
  13. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Ray give me a call when you get back from vacation.I'll take $900 for the gun. Thanks Jim
  14. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

15. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

All wood has been replaced It came with a red win pad and NO checkering. sitting looking at one from 1949
  16. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Ricks1 not sure what you are saying. I have been told the wood is not original. Thanks for the information. Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.