1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Model 12 Black Diamond 20ga Youth Model

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bdshooter, Aug 1, 2013.

1. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

For Sale A Rare Winchester Model 12 Black Diamond Youth Model Ser# 531086 Nickel Steel, 2 3/4", 28" Solid rib full choked barrel 20ga.With a LOP of 13" Price is $4450.00 shipped to your FFL. A nice gun at about 90%, for someone's Model 12 collection. Posting this for a friend, If interested,just PM me and I will send you his information. Pictures posted below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

Pictures posted

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Very Nice....

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Appears to be a nice gun. A closeup of the receiver may tell us how original the finish is. How long is the stock?

5. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

The LOP is 13" on this Gun.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

I believe the proper term is Junior or ladies model.Most if not all had Jostam pads. Jeff

7. eightbore

0   0   0

I don't know when the junior or ladies model was first catalogued, but I believe it was a bit later than this gun. The junior or ladies model I am familiar was a Trap Grade gun, catalogued as Trap Grade. About 1931 as I recall. The gun offered here is a nice one, confirmed by better pictures.

8. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

Reduced to $4250 shipped to FFL

9. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Have a customer that's interested in the 20 ga however he wants a letter of authentication from Winchester as to the validity of the Black Diamond 20 ga. His request.
    Mike Battista

10. eightbore

0   0   0

Mike, such an authentication is not available. Sorry.

11. UTVols

UTVols TS Member

0   0   0

Gents, not throwing rocks or anything (I love ALL Model 12s), but here is some info I have photographed from an original Winchester fold-out pamphlet. It is not dated.

Sorry if this doesn't work...my first time at posting photos.

Also, The Riffle book indicates that the official youth/ladies model was for around 39-40 time frame and the SN range is about 1,000,000, and all of them would have the 2 ply Jostam pad.

Still "could" have been a special order shorty black diamond...certainly pretty. I like it. Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. eightbore

0   0   0

My 1931 guesstimate was a little early I see. The gun for sale could easily have been factory original as it sits. That will be up to the buyer to determine.

13. UTVols

UTVols TS Member

0   0   0

I agree. It is a beautiful little piece. Nice metal, sweet wood.

14. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

I talked to the owner of the gun today, and he said yes its is a Factory Original Black Diamond youth/ladies model. If you look at picture #3 (a little hard to see) there is Black Diamond stamp on the gun. It may have been a Special Ordered gun, he is not sure on that.

15. eightbore

0   0   0

A buyer would be more interested in the originality of the 13" stock than of the Trap Grade origin.

16. eightbore

0   0   0

Maybe we could see a dead on picture of the buttplate to see whether the buttplate is a factory made small buttplate or a standard buttplate ground down to fit a cut stock.

Search tags for this page

model 12 black diamond 20 ga history

winchester black diamond

winchester model 12 youth