1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER MOD. 42 .410 PUMP A BEAUTY

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by slayer, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't get it with the text on some of these posts. Would it be so hard to type: present owner HAS HAD IT FOR 40 YEARS AND NEVER FIRED IT. then EVERYBODY could tell what your saying. long winter already. Bill

2. TD1958

TD1958 Member

0   0   0

So what you actually have is a field grade gun that some one defaced by adding the rib and stock set. Don't get me wrong. It is still very nice and desirable to the right person. I just can't understand why someone would do this. Very Very nice piece to say the least. Good luck, Tim

3. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

0   0   0

TD1958 I tell My Wife the same thing but she still makes me shave & bathe & get dressed up on Saturday night. I think it is a Great looking Gun . But being a Remington Man I would never figure out the safety when the Quail came up on a rise. Very Very nice Gun if the safety was in the rear trigger guard I would have to have it.......

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

1100 Rem. Man: --BIG GRIN------ gotta agree with you safety in wrong place. But they are a nice little gun. Ross Puls

5. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, no one on this site has ever altered a gun. Added an adjustable comb. Installed choke tubes in a fixed choke gun. Lengthened forcing cones, back bored, etc. etc. That is one very pretty little gun and will make a great shooter. While not a collector piece for the purist, it certainly will turn heads on the skeet field.

6. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

I like to think of it as customizing. Nice 42.

7. TD1958

TD1958 Member

0   0   0

As I said, very very nice. I also modify them myself but the purist are out there and for sure will chime in. up for a very nice little shooter. Good luck, Tim

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

In my mind there is nothing special about a field grade FC Model 42. Its much improved over its original condition.

9. darr

darr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I am interested to see how this goes.I have a field grade,no rib,full choke.I was thinking of a blue job,rib and opening the choke to IC.I have $1300 in the gun.It is probably 80% condition.I can't think of any scenario where I would sell it.But if I did want to sell it,what would you experts say it would be worth after the work?The same,less,more?

Good luck with your sale.

Darr

10. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

0   0   0

I can tell you. I have a Model 70 300 H & H made in 1939 I have had for 30+ years about 4 years ago I had it refinished & reblued. Why because I hunt with it & to protect it. I could care less about value, I plan to enjoy it and keep it in good condition. I just as soon as enjoy it as someone else will some day. Just reamber everything you have, will belong to someone else someday.

11. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I have 2 model 42's. One is a factory trap grade solid rib 3" full that is a knockout gun. I hunt with it. I enjoy it too much to hide in my safe. I know that I take a chance on loosing value every time I take it out and would be heartbroken if something happened to it, but I buy guns to use and enjoy as we don't know how long we will be able to. My other is a factory Skeet 2.5" chamber,28", skeet choke that is as nice that I like to shoot skeet and sporting with that one. I will leave it in the safe most of the time now since I have purchased a Browning 425 20 ga. and had tubed for 28 and 410. I reload and I do not like to pickup my hulls off of the ground. If I had the extra cash, I would love to buy this beauty to use as my bird gun. Bill Hom

12. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

The more I look at this 42 the more I like it, if I did not already have a M12 duck gun project going and a new deer rifle in the budget!

13. darr

darr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I am interested to see how this goes.I have a field grade,no rib,full choke.I was thinking of a blue job,rib and opening the choke to IC.I have $1300 in the gun.It is probably 80% condition.I can't think of any scenario where I would sell it.But if I did want to sell it,what would you experts say it would be worth after the work?The same,less,more?

Good luck with your sale.

Darr

14. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

0   0   0

I can tell you. I have a Model 70 300 H & H made in 1939 I have had for 30+ years about 4 years ago I had it refinished & reblued. Why because I hunt with it & to protect it. I could care less about value, I plan to enjoy it and keep it in good condition. I just as soon as enjoy it as someone else will some day. Just reamber everything you have, will belong to someone else someday.

15. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I have 2 model 42's. One is a factory trap grade solid rib 3" full that is a knockout gun. I hunt with it. I enjoy it too much to hide in my safe. I know that I take a chance on loosing value every time I take it out and would be heartbroken if something happened to it, but I buy guns to use and enjoy as we don't know how long we will be able to. My other is a factory Skeet 2.5" chamber,28", skeet choke that is as nice that I like to shoot skeet and sporting with that one. I will leave it in the safe most of the time now since I have purchased a Browning 425 20 ga. and had tubed for 28 and 410. I reload and I do not like to pickup my hulls off of the ground. If I had the extra cash, I would love to buy this beauty to use as my bird gun. Bill Hom

16. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

The more I look at this 42 the more I like it, if I did not already have a M12 duck gun project going and a new deer rifle in the budget!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you actually use the winchester 42 410 for something besides skeet

winchester mod 42