1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Mod. 12 Heavy Duck Deluxe Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckeye, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

There is an after market stock on the model 12 as there is no checkering on it and I have never seen one that did not have checkering on it and I do not know about a heavy duty duck trap gun. It may be on the gun in that way but I doubt it I will say one thing the model 12 was one of the best to ever come down the road so you are getting a fine piece of equipment

Duckeye

2. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

This is just my opinion. ( Eddie, your a trend setter. lol)

I've never seen factory Winchester trap stock that didn't have checkering. I notice the forearm is checkered. Looks like a nice shooter, but I highly doubt it is a factory trap gun. Nice gun though, congrats on your purchase.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The odds are that someone added the trap wood to that 3inch Mod 12 .... to use for "fun and Games" events.

If the choke is unmolested, it should break birds all the way back from the parking lot!

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

Lots of those old duck guns were converted, by individuals, to trap guns. As stated, they have great chokes, they are heavier(less recoil) and they used to be pretty cheap. I wish I still had mine.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Paul, we'd love to see a picture of your dandy model 12? Hap

6. struff55

struff55 TS Member

This model 12 is a put togeather it also has win chokes installed I know the gun. Regarding a Model 12 Trap Duck Gun factory origianal i did own one it had a solid rib and was stamped trap on the reciver I have never seen a vent rib model .

7. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sold a very nice Model 12 Heavy Duck shotgun to a gentleman. He told me he had a set of factory trap wood for the gun and he was sending it to Simmons for a vent rib and a re-blue. He liked the extra weight of the Heavy Duck guns.
    Fred Wiedemann

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul! If the rest of your gun looks similar to the first picture, it's a dandy!! I have a 3 inch gun with trap wood and a Simmons rib on it and it's a real shooter too!
    hapmectweaks_2008_030368.jpg

Hap

9. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

What happened to the original poster??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

use model 12 heavy duck for trap