1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester M-12 barrel / mag tube collar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I'm trying to see if I can take the magazine collar off the barrel, I remove the screw and slide the "thread locker" away from the barrel threads, but the ring is still very tight on the barrel, is the ring/magazine collar removable from the barrel?

Thank you in advance.

stevew_2008_030348.jpg

2. Stuart

Stuart Member

In you case no it's not.
    That part is called Receiver extension. It is threaded on the barrel as a receiver on a rifle is.
    But in your case the rib on top will not allow the receiver extension to spin past it. From the looks of the rib it is a glued on alum rib. You should be able to remove it then swing the extension off. You will need some special tools to do that however, a barrel vice and a receiver extension tool.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Stuart,

Thank you for your advise, appreciated. Yes, the rib is a 50 or 60 year old add on by "PolyChoke" (the barrel is not PolyChoked though).

I have another barrel with factory solid rib, does the "receiver extension" will come off on this one? Sound like it's not something can be twist off by hands?

Thank you again.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

as he said YOU need A special tool to do it, the adj ring come off and extention screws off the back. would suggest you send to gun smith so you dont bubba it

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Send it to Wright's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magtube m