1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER LOADING RECLAIMED SHOT??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I talked with a guy who runs a trap range the other day, he told me he had the field mined 2 years ago buy a big named reclamation company.. he had 250k pounds of lead removed.. the company that mined the field sold the lead to winchester, they have a contract with them.. the company told him that they load all the dove loads and wal mart shells with the reclaimed shot.. not remelted but reclaimed.. he said if I doubted him to cut open some new cheap shells and measure the shot in them.. I dont doubt this.. have any of you ever heard of this?

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I've cut the Winchester Universals, sold at WalMart,open to compare the shot with some other brands. Some of the best and consistent 7-1/2's I have seen and I'm not much for Winchester after their new AA hull. No reclaimed in the ones I have checked.

Ajax

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Think the big Mart stores must specify the loads for those 4-pack boxes.

Federal, Remington, and Winchester all load them at 1200 fps with 1-1/8 ounce in both #7½ and #8.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't think any of the Premium shell makers would take a chance on ruining their reputation by loading reclaimed shot ... Shot that has been melted down and redropped maybe, but no way are they loading reclaim ... I do not believe it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. IMAGE-RANCH

IMAGE-RANCH Member

I cut one open looked good? not sure if thats true ..

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have to agree with WPT,I have cut them open & they all had nice new shot in them, can't say what the antimony % was because I have no way to check that. I also have a couple flats of Gun Clubs that are 2&3\4 DE- 1&1\8-#8s, I do shoot a few new shells for games & save empties for reloading. The Remmys load (for me) the best of all. Ross Puls

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like an excuse some doof would make to his buddies after a morning of "shooting" but not "hitting"..., "It wasn't my fault...these shells are junk...I heard they use recycled shot in them!".

MK

8. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Yes reclaimed: then transported to the melting pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.