1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Items For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by David P., Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David P.

David P. TS Member

0   0   0

Would like some pictures/prices.
    Thank you, David

2. blandgraf

blandgraf Member

0   0   0

interested in email pics...

3. map@neo

map@neo Member

0   0   0

This is going to be a nightmare Bernie. Good luck!

map

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm interested in the Roller skates, but only if they are pre-64's. Y model Roller skate laces suck and the liners make my feet itch.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I missed it. When did winchester "bite the bullet"?

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I missed it. When did winchester "bite the bullet"?

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

8. map@neo

map@neo Member

0   0   0

Told you Bernie.
    These guys can be brutal!

map

9. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Too much good American stuff getting lost these days.

I think a lot of it is over in China.

Buy American First.

Lou

10. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

BE, You can call it what you will. But it's apparently still Winchester Firearms, and they are manufacturing Winchester model 70's, Super x3's...etc.
    They may be owned by another company, but, they are back in business as of January 2009 Shotshow as Winchester Repeating Arms....

Sorry they don't make the '94, never liked it anyway, I'm a Marlin man.

Press Release
    The Original Winchester Name is Back
    October 23, 2007
    The Morgan, Utah based makers of Winchester rifles and shotguns have announced the historic return to the original name given the brand nearly 150 years ago. In 1866 Oliver Winchester named his company – and the brand of rifles he was selling – Winchester Repeating Arms. Going forward all Winchester branded sporting firearms will fall under the Winchester Repeating Arms banner.

In the mid 20th century the usage was often shortened to just “Winchester.” In recent years reference to Winchester firearms fell under the umbrella brand of Winchester Rifles and Shotguns. Today, with the launching of the 2008 product line, including the new Model 70 and the entry of the new Speed Pump shotgun, it is fitting for the company to return to its roots. Other Winchester Repeating Arms products include the Super X3 autoloading shotgun (known for its extreme speed and reliability), the Super X Rifle (an autoloading centerfire rifle with impressive, bolt action-like accuracy), the Wildcat 22 bolt action, and the impressive line of Model 101 and Platinum over and under shotguns (made in Belgium).

The Winchester brand is licensed to the makers of Winchester firearms by the Olin Corporation. Olin is the owner of the legendary Winchester Ammunition brand and owns and licenses the brand to a number of quality companies who make hunting and shooting related products. Winchester Repeating Arms and Winchester Ammunition are the anchor brands for the Winchester family of products.

11. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

The Winchester Model 70 is manufactured in Columbia, South Carolina.

Using your criteria of what constitutes "WInchester" they disappeared in 1964.

So, use whatever it takes for you to sell your merchandise. I'm glad Winchester is back in business.....

Oh, we can also argue your claim that Winchester was the gun that won the west, a great line coined by winchester...

"Sharps made the West safe for Winchesters."

12. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

Well, I guess I'll hold out for a model 52, a model 71, 1895 and, oh, heck, why

not the 1886.

Of course, the gun that probably really won the west was the Springfield in 50/70.

Oh, but of course, that was a single shot....

Of course Ithaca isn't in business anymore, they don't make a Single barrel

trapgun. I wouldn't tell the guy running the company that....

13. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think the bottom line is that Winchester no longer operates as a stand alone company. Winchester is part of the Browning Subsidiary of the Herstal Group. The other subsidiary of the Herstal Group is FN. Browning markets both the Browning and Winchester brands. New or updated models are designed by Browning. Even if you look on the web page www.winchester.com/ under "Guns" it will direct you to Browning for gun information. www.winchesterguns.com/ will also direct you to Browning for more information.

Bernie is certainly correct that the items he is trying to sell are from the historically well-known stand alone Winchester company, not the Winchester in name only part of the Browning subsidiary of the Herstal Group. There is a big difference.

Don't know which gun won the west, but I have always liked Marlin lever actions much more than the Model 94 Winchester.

DoubleAuto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.