1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester hand set carousel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OleBlue2, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I recently received a winchester hand set trap. I was told I could get a carousel for it which would hold about 150 birds. I can not find this on the net anywhere. Any help in locating this or info on it I would appreciate. I was also told they are not to exspensive around 300 bucks. Thanks for any help on this. Bill

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Contact Bob Schultz Target Shotguns. A sponsor of this site and a dealer for the product youseek. He had a machine set up with one at the Southern Grand and it appears to be a quality product. Jake

3. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

Thank you sir I greatly appreciate the info. Bill

4. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I really don't have any pictures. I am currently putting this all together out back. I am going to dig a hole form it up and pour me a trap house.Put a lid on it so I can load with out crawling inside just like Newman,IL[if your familar with that club]. If you all have some suggestions I'm open for them. I also didn't get the photo that I think you may have sent unless you mean in the main thread. Bill

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Those carousel assemblies are about $2000 or more, not $300. I forget who's making them, but he's been on this site before. Try a couple of different searches.

6. traploader

traploader Member

OleBlue2,

I make the TrapLoader 270 shown here. Holds 270 targets. Runs on 110VAC. Simple bolt on design made from high grade aluminum. Sells for $1995. Easy to install in four basic steps with common tools. Works great for sporting clays, skeet or trap. Contact our dealers or Ian Brotherston for more information at 250-216-8937.

7. dednded

dednded TS Member

OleBlue2,

Been running 2 of these Western loaders for three seasons,lots of targets through them,they work great!!!Chris

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Traploader,

Will that set doubles?

9. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

Wow! I quess I was miss informed that $300 must have been a down payment or for shipping. I hope it isn't for consulting. If I put this in I can start my own derby. I may have to clear some timber. I do appreciate the information and I am looking at them I quess I had better put up the house and yardage then look at the carousel. Thank you all for responding and getting me the information. It looks like a tough unit and will last. I just have to get mama sold on it,otherwise I'll be in the dog house for awhile....I can do that.[haha] Thanks again..Bill

10. traploader

traploader Member

John,

The TrapLoader Carousel only auto-loads a single target on the arm. The carousel can be removed in less than 5 minutes for handset doubles. As, y

As you know, the Western trap throws an excellent doubles target.

Western Retro Products is pleased to announce the first automatic singles/doubles conversion for the Western Trap V1524. We're in our final stages of testing the machine. We're very excited about this product. It will be a great practise trap for small clubs and those individual shooters seeking a personal practise trap. Stay tuned for our new TrapLoader Double Stack. Call me for more info or drop me an email.

Ian Brotherston
    Tel: 250-216-8937

11. traploader

traploader Member

12. dednded

dednded TS Member

Ian,How many targets is the doubles rack going to hold? Chris

13. traploader

traploader Member

The double stack holds 50 birds per stack. It will fit inside the old style trap house although it's primary use will be for personal practise as most clubs want 250+ bird capacity. That said, we should be able to expand this to 80/stack or more for sporting applications where height is not a limiting factor.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

traploader 270 carousel