1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Energy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I know its been discussed but any good or bad input on these guns would be appreciated. I thought Winchester was out of Buisness if so who handles service & repair. Thanks Jim W

2. coho

coho Member

I shoot a Winchester select energy trap and there is one other person at my club that shoots one, his is a sporting clays model. He has had to send his back to Winchester 3 times because the bottom firing pin keeps breaking. The bottom barrel in mine won’t fire about once in 100 rounds when it’s cold but it don’t have a problem with it in warm weather. The most irritating thing about mine is the top barrel has blemishes in it that won’t clean out . it always looks like it’s dirty even though I clean it every few weeks. All in all I like mine and plan on shooting it until it falls apart in my hands, hopefully that will be after the kids are graduated so I can trade the mini van in for a perazzi.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thanks for the input!!

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

This link may help.

5. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

I have a trap model for sale at this time. It has 30 inch barrels and a soft top on the ajustable comb. It has about 1000 rounds put threw it and is still tight as new. Comes with 5 choke tubes and wrench,imp,lm,m,im,f. Looks and shoots great. I bought it for my son 2 years ago for doubles. Now he's off to college and does'nt have time to shoot. I'll take $1500 for it and will try and send pics if anyone is interested. I'm in N.Ky.area and will be at the ohio state shoot this sat. if you want to see it. Tim

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have a trap model and have put well over ten thousand rounds through it without a problem. I have never had problems with the firing pins or the forearm, but I have seen others with a broken forearm. This is a great gun for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy firing pin